ENGLISH Sewell Peak Experience

The walk up Sewell peak was exactly what I was expecting it to be like. My goals were to be one of the first people up there and to not get annoyed at people and be patient. I achieved one of these. I walked up with Grace and we came in the top 10 and the first girls. The other goal I set, I didn't think I was going to achieve based on how I act but I'm still really proud of everything else I did.

The reason behind Mr England wanting use to do that is about NCEA and aspects of life. NCEA is the mountain and by climbing it and making our way over the hills or bumps we are making it to the top and to a view we have never seen before. To have this feeling of satisfaction and triumph after a huge accomplishment. And to see how grateful we should be for the town we have and to get a new perspective of it. It was basically a metaphor for next year and the years coming after that about perseverance and determination. I feel like in ways I did have this realisation of a few things the teachers wanted us to see but I'll never truly know what it really like until I reach next year.

I go on hikes and walks pretty often so what I assumed it to be is pretty accurate but the pain and soreness that followed afterwards is a surprise. The only thing I really found irritating was having to stop every 4 minutes because you'll have this stamina or pattern going and you have to stop so often. For me, I think that when doing something for yourself whether it being NCEA or climbing a mountain that you shouldn't have to wait or linger around for others. However, that's just my opinion.


Comments

  1. Oooo I love how you explained the metaphor, it was really interesting to read! You'll do great next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Zoe, I never knew you did hiking. NCEA will be a struggle for most, but I know you will push through and succeed. Good work bro!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Firsts Paragraphs ENGLISH 2018

9Art - Key Competencies